Posted by BODYCAMP
December 10, 2015
In this article, experts in the field of dietetics and fitness will share their recommendations on what to do if you have too much. A specific algorithm of actions and nutrition features are given.
A balanced diet and weekly workouts - all this can burst at one point like a “soap bubble” and banal overeating may become the culprit of these consequences. Of course, one could well restrain himself from doing this by consuming herbs from appetite in the form of teas and infusions, which help to get rid of an acute hunger in time.
Have you already dropped your hands and think that everything is lost? Do not rush to bury the dreams of creating the perfect body. Below we will consider 11 effective steps to level all the negative consequences of a luxurious feast.
Overeating: weakness or momentary insanity
According to statistics, about 70% of diet breakdowns are observed in noisy companies, during holidays and receptions. Regardless of whether you are on a diet or not, the temptation to try a dish will not leave you until the end of the event. However, you should not reproach yourself if you have shown such a mistake.
1. Psychological adaptation
First of all, all our actions will be directed against this condition, since extra pounds are not so much critical as stressful situations.
First, accept the fact that you overeat. You can’t change this anymore, while you can draw conclusions for yourself and no longer make such mistakes.
Secondly, the fact that you have once consumed prohibited foods will not affect the further process of losing weight.
There is nothing catastrophic that you broke, this happens to everyone. The main thing is that now you can develop sufficient willpower to resist overeating.
Over the next 5 hours, you should not perform intense physical activity.
2. Correction of metabolic processes
So, we came to the sacramental part of resolving the issue of what to do if you over-overeat.
Let's look at what happens to our body when we overeat during a diet.
1. If you notice an increase in weight or in certain parts of the body, it appears that this is an excess of water that will be removed within a few days.
2. Overeating interferes with the normal process of losing weight, as the body begins to readjust to anabolic activity.
From all this it follows that you need to restore the correct rhythm of metabolic processes and continue the diet.
We recommend that you follow this algorithm of action for 1-2 days:
- on the same day, walking is recommended (about 3-5 km) at an average pace,
- moderate activity in the gym is allowed (without additional load): running on the track, squats, lunges, hyperextension and twisting (press),
- the rest of the day you should drink hot tea without sugar (read how to brew and drink tea),
- for dinner (18: 00-19: 00), use about 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese and a glass of milk,
- take a contrast shower in the evening,
- morning begins with a glass of water (200 ml),
- for breakfast, oatmeal (150-170 grams) with fruits (apples, raisins or dried apricots),
- fiber foods are recommended during the day (salads with cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, etc.),
- drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day,
- for lunch, fish, veal or chicken (50 grams), salad with vegetables (70-80 grams), buckwheat, rice or pearl barley (100 grams),
- between receptions drink a glass of kefir (low percentage of fat).
In this case, we act on three targets:
- normalization of the function of the gastrointestinal tract,
- removal of metabolic products from the blood,
- burning extra calories.
If you notice other consequences of overeating: abdominal pain, belching, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms, you may need a medical correction. We are talking about detoxification drugs (NaCl infusion, heavy drinking), the introduction of sorbents (activated charcoal), enzyme preparations (panzinorm, festal, etc.), vitamins C and B. These issues are addressed with your doctor.
Common mistakes after overeating
Unfortunately, many women are mistaken for their mitigation methods. So, what is categorically not allowed if you strongly overdo it:
1. inducing vomiting. This leads to a violation of autonomic functions and digestion. This is a sure way to anorexia and a wheelchair.
2. Super intense workouts. You can’t be zealous in the gym, as you drive the body into a state of catabolism. Understand that the nutrients are still in the digestive canal and they will not be burned.
3. The hunger strike. You can not limit yourself to food, as this will be followed by an even greater set of excess weight.
The best methods to combat overeating:
1) if you notice such a weakness behind you, it’s better not to attend events where there are many dishes that are not included in the diet,
2) if you really want to eat, you can drink a glass of water with 1-2 teaspoons of sugar, eat candy,
3) if there is an unjustified temptation to eat too much, then go for a walk or a run,
4) for the duration of the diet, give up prohibited foods,
5) let your loved ones help you during the diet and join a healthy diet,
6) try not to adhere to strict dietary restrictions, even for a short time, because severe food breakdowns occur most often after fashionable diets. But, if you prefer this method of weight loss, then check out the article on how to get out of the diet and save the result.
7) Develop in yourself endurance and self-control.
All these methods can be effective only when you clearly see your goal and develop willpower.
"StarHit" found out how to eat familiar New Year's dishes and not get fat. To do this, you need to follow only a few important rules, which many forget.
On New Year's Eve, we all gathered at a large festive table and to the chime of chimes, clinking glasses, seductive aromas of New Year's dishes and tangerines to celebrate the New Year!
Of course, this is a wonderful time, but on the one hand - fun, guests, gifts, plentiful feasts, and on the other - a difficult time for our body, digestive system, health, well-being and, of course, figure. No matter how well we eat, late New Year's Eve and overeating are inevitable on New Year's Eve.
Of course, you should not refuse the holiday and create psychological discomfort: rest for that and rest in order to relax and not load yourself with unnecessary emotions. In this article, we will consider 10 easy-to-use and effective ways to help the body minimize the effects of the holidays and recover faster.
RULE No. 1 - The Right Beginning of the Day
Resist the temptation to start the morning with the remnants of the New Year's table. Just the morning after a late dinner / overeating, it is recommended to skip breakfast and drink only water until 12: 00–13: 00. In general, there is a myth that breakfast is the most hearty meal. In fact, morning is the time to cleanse the body, and a hearty breakfast is not recommended especially for those who have problems with the intestines (constipation, etc.). So rule number 1 is skipping breakfast after a hearty late dinner. Let's just have a light breakfast with fiber (for example, fruits, nuts).
RULE No. 2 - No Extremes
The day after overeating, do not unload, because such differences in nutrition load the body even more and create stressful conditions for it.
RULE No. 3 - stop negative processes
To do this, start and end the day with 1 teaspoon of honey (if there is no allergy and contraindications). We eat honey in the morning after a glass of water, in 20-30 minutes. This will give a bactericidal effect, as well as prevent fermentation from New Year's dishes and complex combinations of products. And before bedtime - 1 hour. Spoon an hour before bedtime, without drinks and food.
RULE No. 4 - Combination of Products
You have already mixed enough during the holidays, and now is the time to normalize the digestive tract. For this, it is very important to combine products correctly. There are many rules and secrets! All of them are based on knowledge of physiology and reflexes of the digestive system. In full, I give them on my programs. But let's start with a simple one - choose dishes from one category. If the salad is meat, then the meat should be hot, not fish, that is, do not mix different types of protein at the same time.
RULE No. 5 - TIME OF FRUIT
Fruits are not a dessert, and it is important to eat them either before meals (40-60 minutes), or as a separate snack / meal (at least 1.5 hours after the main meal). After a feast, the gastrointestinal tract is especially sensitive, and in case of violation of this rule, bloating is guaranteed to almost everyone.
RULE No. 6 - ALKALINATION
Overeating provokes increased production of enzymes, which in turn leads to "acidification" of the body. Excess acid accumulates in the liver, damages the digestive tract and leads to many unpleasant consequences - heartburn, pain in the stomach. The most effective alkalizing product is greens (parsley, dill, spinach, arugula, all kinds of salads, etc.). After the feast, carefully monitor its presence in the diet and add to each meal with protein products. A portion of greens should be at least 20 grams per day.
RULE No. 7 - CLEANING
Refuse for a few days from all mucus-forming foods (all dairy products, cereals with gluten, cashew nuts) so that your body and gastrointestinal tract rest, swelling is gone and skin quality improves. This, by the way, is an excellent prevention of cellulite.
RULE No. 8 - UNLOADING DAY
2-3 days after a late dinner / overeating, we make a fasting day for the body. In such terms, it will already be in his favor.
AN EXAMPLE MENU OF UNLOADING DAYS IN WINTER:
1-2 cups of water in the morning, after 20 minutes 1 teaspoon of honey + a glass of walnut milk / a handful of soaked nuts, after 30-40 minutes (or as you get hungry) millet porridge in water with pumpkin, honey / agave syrup and cinnamon, lunch - lentils with vegetables, vegetable salad, snack - any fruit, dinner - grilled vegetables (eggplant / zucchini / red pepper - any, not containing starch) with pesto sauce or olive oil.
RULE No. 9 - ACTIVE DETOX
The process of removing toxins goes through the pores, the skin, with the breath, so spend time with benefit! Cardio training, outdoor sports, any physical activity are recommended: skiing, ice skating, snowboarding, walking, playing with children, etc.
RULE No. 10 - BATH DAY
Also, to speed up the cleaning process, a bathhouse, hot baths with salt, or even just foot baths at bedtime are perfect — it’s good to add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of ground ginger.
Holidays require us to follow certain traditions, which, unfortunately, will not affect our health in the best way. Following these recommendations, you can spend the weekend and the first days after them in a good mood and with minimal consequences for your figure and health - in particular, improve your well-being and functioning of the digestive tract, and lose a couple of extra pounds in a week with a bonus.
The danger of feasts
On holidays, we give ourselves slack and forget about the diet, which we diligently followed before the New Year holidays. However, during the diet, the body learns to live in austerity mode, redistributing energy and changing metabolism.
Exotic dishes and delicacies, as well as heavy food, which we indulge in during the holidays, become for him a real test of strength. Not every digestive system can withstand such a load! Therefore, on holidays, the highest likelihood of exacerbation of pancreatitis, cholecystitis and other problems.
The danger of feasts lies in the fact that after metabolic stress, called a diet, the “feast of the stomach” leads to the fact that the body becomes insensitive to many usual diets. If a you decide to lose weight, then during the holidays you should keep yourself in control: it’s not so difficult to prepare yourself delicious holiday diet meals.
The main thing is preparation!
If you know that you have a stormy feast, you need to prepare for it. Many people buy mezim and festival at the pharmacy, as advertising advises. But this is the wrong position. Of course, these drugs speed up the breakdown and digestion of food - however, this leads to faster weight gain, because without the use of medicines you would eat much less.
How to prepare for a feast?
- A few days before the new year start actively training in the gym, this will help you spend nutrient reserves and create a little “hunger”. Then, when overeating, split calories will go to the muscles.
- If you can’t or don’t want to go to the gym, reduce the amount of fat and carbohydrates a few days before the feast in the usual menu, switching to salads and fruits. Remove from the diet no more than 500 calories, big restrictions will be stressful. It will also create a small deficit. calories and make the body burn excess fat. After a hearty meal, you simply restore the balance to the previous level.
How to lose weight after the New Year holidays
There are some simple tips to facilitate the recovery period after overeating on holidays. Of course, the best advice is moderation in food and drink. In case of overeating, use our tips:
After overeating, many begin to starve and go on strict diets. We have already talked about metabolic stress above, and we repeat again: you can not load the body either by eating, then by a sharp hunger strike. This will result in a minimum headache and digestive upset, the maximum - the pancreas will not cope, and then the hospital bed is guaranteed to you.
The right thing is to gradually reduce the calorie content of your food to your physiological norm, minus about 500 calories from it. This will allow you to smoothly remove excess weight. Replace fats and carbohydrates with protein, it helps burn calories.
- Drink liquid
How to recover from overeating
Drink plenty of fluids to normalize your metabolism, especially if your meal is accompanied by alcohol. Water is the basis of metabolism, and for enzymes to work more actively, you need enough fluid around them. But the liquid of the liquid is different - soda, coffee, strong tea and sweet juices are not suitable drinks for recovery.
It is best to drink plain water - spring, mineral (but not salty), fruit drink or even weak chicken broth. If you want to drink juice, dilute it in half with water. In general, drink about 2-3 liters of fluid per day.
- Exclude alcohol
After overeating, alcohol is extremely harmful, refuse to take it. First of all, alcohol is a high-calorie product, and these calories are "empty". In addition, ethyl alcohol and its metabolites damage liverinhibit the work of enzymes and harm the nervous system.
- Load the body