This article is co-written by Zora Degrandpre, ND. Dr. Degrandpre is a licensed naturopath from Washington. She graduated from the National College of Naturopathy in 2007.
The number of sources used in this article is 14. You will find a list of them at the bottom of the page.
Usually, you do the washing procedure twice a day - once in the morning, and then again before bedtime. You may experience a dry feeling on your face if you use a facial foam that is not suitable for your skin type. This can lead to various skin lesions, deterioration of complexion and redness. An ideal cleanser should cleanse well, not damage your skin and make it peel. It is necessary to cleanse the sebaceous glands and remove impurities, after which your skin should become clean and acquire a natural look. Perhaps you have damaged the skin and now it is necessary to treat the resulting irritation. There are many ways to help alleviate symptoms, remove dryness, but in the end you just need to choose the right face skin care products.
- To really cleanse your skin, start with your hands. Wash them thoroughly with soap to remove dirt and grease, and do not carry it all into your cleanser and face.
- Many girls make one of two common mistakes: they remove makeup with a special tool, but then do not wash their face, or, on the contrary, use a tool for washing without first removing makeup.
Micellar water removes not only makeup from the skin, but also the natural protective fat layer. Therefore, after wiping your face with it, moisten it again with water.
Good cleansers have many beneficial ingredients for effectively cleansing and moisturizing the skin. However, only gel or foam will not be able to completely remove both cosmetics and dirt, which will lead to clogged pores, which will cause inflammation.
Hands or a sponge?
- Say “no” to reusable sponges: even if you wash them every night, bacteria will multiply in them that will not do anything good for your skin.
- Many dermatologists advise to wash their hands in order to less injure the skin, because microcracks and excessive friction can lead to premature wrinkles. Merinda Joy, who works with many Hollywood stars, recommends doing it this way: in a circular massage motion, apply a cleanser on moisturized skin, without putting much pressure on the face. Do not forget that our skin is covered with thin hairs, and circular movements will just help the product penetrate the pores under them.
- For additional exfoliation, experts advise using not sponges, but disposable tissue napkins or rags for washing dishes (nowadays you can easily buy cheap sets of such products). Gently remove the remnants of the product from the face, and then send a towel or rag to the wash, and discard the disposable cloth.
What tool to choose
- Do not wash your face with products that foam very much (do not confuse with cleansing foams). Aggressive sulfates give this effect - you do not cleanse the skin, but destroy the lipid barrier and upset the pH balance. Typically, such gels wash the face in the literal sense to squeak. But this is only an illusion of purification. Such remedies only exacerbate rosacea, inflammation and aging of the skin.
- Forget about scrubs, even natural ones (from coffee, soda, oatmeal). For good exfoliation, use a soft cloth.
- Choose a cleanser suitable for your skin type.
For dry skin suitable lotions and milk.
For oily and combined - gels and foams.
For mature and sensitive - foams.
Try to find a remedy that contains no alcohol, but glycerin and niacinamide. If your skin prone to acne, look for salicylic acid, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide. But if you have oily skin, do not use such products every day. Such skin can also be dried with cosmetics, and then it will begin to secrete even more fat, thereby exacerbating the situation with acne.
Water and towel
- Ideal for washing - water at room temperature. Too cold water will make your pores narrow, and hot tap water will dry your skin.
- Do not rub your skin with a towel too much, it’s better to just dab it on your face, and then wait a bit until it dries completely. By the way, if you have problem skin, beauticians recommend washing the towel after each use.
- For all the useful components of the product to work, wash your face with massage movements for 40-60 seconds.
Skin around the eyes
- The skin around the eyes is thinner, so it is most susceptible to age-related changes. Do not rub it while washing and do not scrub it. Use moisturizing creams with caution - it is better to use special eyelids.
- Carefully remove makeup from the eyes. Beauticians recommend gently holding a cotton pad from the outer edge to the inside, first treating the upper eyelid, and then the lower one.
- After you have removed your makeup, washed and dried your face, be sure to apply a moisturizer to your skin: tonic, serum, cream.
- If you use several products, first apply a tonic: it normalizes the pH of your skin. By the way, beautician Alena Coleda advises applying it with your fingers, as the cotton pad absorbs a good part of the product.
One beauty channel shared a video detailing the washing process used by many girls in Korea. The main advice is: treat your face as if it were your child. That is, pressure on the skin should be minimal. Here's what a gentle way of washing looks like:
- Moisturize your face with water.
- Squeeze the right amount of funds and foam it, but not on the face, but on the hands. If you use foam, this is not necessary.
- Very carefully and gently apply the product on the entire face.
- Do massage movements with your little fingers: you cannot press and injure the skin strongly with them. In addition, the little fingers will help you walk in the face in more detail.
- Wash off the product, but do not rub your face with wet hands. Instead, draw water into your hands and gently, in small portions, pour over your face.
- Do not pat your face with a towel. Instead, wipe your hands and massage your face a little.
- While your face is wet, apply tonic or thermal water.
Do you remember to wash your face in the evenings? What skin products do you use?
About facial skin diseases
Note! There can be many reasons why skin diseases occur on the face.
Most often we are talking about the following premises:
- improper care or its complete absence,
- illiterate selection of cosmetics and care products,
- hereditary predisposition
- weak immunity,
- Unhealthy Lifestyle,
- gastrointestinal tract diseases
- fungal infections, etc.
In any of the above cases, a person who has problems, sooner or later begins to wonder how to cure acne and redness of the skin. Any modern pharmacy is ready to offer a wide range of medicines that can help get rid of any problem, whether itching, blistering, redness or acne.
Note! But before starting treatment, it is imperative to conduct a qualified diagnosis. Why do not get by contacting an experienced specialist?
The most common facial skin diseases include:
Acne and redness
Note! If we are talking about ordinary acne (acne) in most cases, the use of medications is not required.
However, the question of how to cure facial skin from acne and redness is quite acute. As a rule, to solve the problem, it suffices to complete one or more of the following steps:
- It is necessary to decide whether extrusion is required or not (it is impossible to extrude a pimple if it does not have a white head).
- If you can’t squeeze out a pimple, you can try using a special ointment. A remedy that includes heparin, salicylic acid, or benzoyl is best suited.
- Press hot tissue to acne. Keep it for about two minutes. In this case, the fabric should not be too scorching.
- Before bedtime, apply gel containing aloe vera. This plant has anti-inflammatory properties and promotes skin healing.
- Use in the morning during the week such a tool as a facial cleanser for acne.
- Change nutrition - exclude all sweet and fat from the diet.
Sometimes homemade folk remedies can also be effective, for example, applying a small amount of toothpaste to acne.
Important! When deciding to treat acne with toothpaste, you must first make sure that it does not contain hard dyes or bleaching ingredients. Otherwise, there is a fairly high risk of coloring the pimple in the most unexpected color and make it even more noticeable on the face.
To remove red small pimples on any part of the face or just redness is quite simple. They can simply be painted over with cosmetics. Moreover, at present, many manufacturers offer their customers products designed both to mask redness and to cover acne.
Alternatively, you can try to apply ice to the reddened area - this method, known to many, will help reduce blood flow. If an allergic reaction is suspected, take any antihistamine.
Start treatment on time
If the face constantly and strongly turns red during physical exertion, or pink incomprehensible spots appear on the face, you should be wary and not resort to self-medication. Reddening of the skin can be for various reasons. In some cases, redness is a symptom of more serious problems. So the most correct way to resolve the issue would be to consult a doctor.
Important! If, with the appearance of redness or itching, the body temperature rises, it means that there is some kind of inflammatory process, contacting a doctor should be of an urgent nature.
Peeling and itching
Sometimes the skin on the face begins to itch and peel off for unknown reasons. It can be a simple irritation - a reaction to some external factor. Most often, the cause of redness and peeling of the skin on the face around the nose and mouth is a reflection of problems with various systems of the body.
Atopic dermatitis manifests itself in a similar way. In this case, the rash should never be combed, as the face will swell and ulcers begin to appear.
Note! Only adequate treatment prescribed by an experienced and qualified specialist can help.
Symptoms of psoriasis are characteristic bright pink spots on the body and on the face, covered with scales. Often they merge into various configurations. Therefore, the answer to the question: redness on the face in the form of a butterfly, which means, is often associated with the indicated disease. The disease can appear at any time, but more often it occurs during adolescence or under the influence of severe stressful situations.
Note! At home, getting rid of psoriasis is unlikely to succeed. This disease, in principle, is very difficult to treat. For successful treatment, you need to contact a dermatologist, who, taking into account the course of the disease, its stage and other factors, will prescribe adequate treatment.
Redness or a rash in the shape of a butterfly does not always indicate eczema or psoriasis. In some cases, this may be one of the symptoms of lupus. Of course, before making such a diagnosis, diagnosis is required. In particular, scraping must be taken from the patient. Such a rash can occur almost from scratch or after exposure to the sun. First of all, the nose suffers, more precisely - the bridge of the nose. With a visit to a dermatologist, time is not recommended in the most urgent way.
After the treatment of blackheads, spots of red-brown tint often remain, which are stagnant. The process of eliminating large red acne on the face is often performed incorrectly - a teenager child squeezes them incorrectly, as a result of which unpleasant traces remain.
There are several ways to deal with the problem:
- Folk remedies (for example, ointments based on natural ingredients).
- Medical creams and lightening ointments sold at the pharmacy.
- By laser or chemical peeling.
Note! In some cases, treatment involves a combined approach.
How to soothe the skin after squeezing acne
It is not enough to know how to properly care for oily skin with acne in general, you need to familiarize yourself with some nuances, for example, how to soothe the skin after squeezing acne. The most effective way is to use refrigerants, such as ice cubes. For their manufacture, a decoction of sage, parsley or chamomile is often used. Before use, an ice cube should be placed in a bandage and applied to the place where the pimple was extruded. It should be kept until minor numbness appears. The procedure is recommended to be repeated several times.
Proper nutrition for acne on the face
Note! In order not to cry about the appearance of acne on the face, you should reconsider the approach to catering. In most cases, the right diet solves the problem no worse than medicines.
Acne diet involves eating a variety of balanced foods. Accordingly, the daily diet should include five main foods:
In addition, it is not recommended to eat at night and observe another important condition: drink enough plain water.
Since acne can appear due to slagging of the body, in addition to a specially constructed diet, physical can help. activity.
Rating facial cleanser
Acne Cleansing Foam
- Holika Holika Daily Garden Cleansing Foam Citron Fresh. This is an excellent foam created specifically for problematic skin. The oils and citrus extracts contained in it allow you to get rid of acne in a fairly short time. The texture of the product is quite dense, but weightless. Its action is based on the control of the sebaceous glands. It acts especially well on the nasolabial triangle.
- Cetaphil DERMACONTROL. This cleansing foam is considered a medical makeup. It gently removes excess sebum and does not allow clogging of the pores, without making the skin excessively dry.
- Secret Key Snail + EGF Repairing Foam. Restoring foam for daily washing with evidence mucin and betaine provides gentle skin care, cleanses the pores and prevents the appearance of acne - an environment favorable for their occurrence is not created.
- Spivak Tea Tree. Foam based on tea tree of a domestic manufacturer prevents the appearance of rashes on the skin no less effectively than the products of foreign companies. The tool provides deep cleansing of the pores and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- The Saem Natural Condition Cleansing Foam Soothing. The composition of the product includes plant extracts that moisturize, soothe and tone the skin. The tool is perfect for people whose skin has a tendency to peeling.
note! Equally effective for combating acne are products that include such a component as a badiaga (a type of freshwater sponge). Funds for sale come with the same name. You can buy them at the pharmacy.
Redness of the face during physical exertion
Redness of the face during exercise is also called tomato syndrome. If your face turns red during exercise, you can avoid this problem in three simple ways:
- Having felt a rush of blood to the face during training, it is often enough to attach a bottle of chilled water to the skin.
- Do not increase the load sharply. Experts strongly do not recommend performing cardio exercises without preheating. A similar approach to training organization can lead to a sharp increase in pressure and vasodilation.
- Walk while resting. During the implementation of strength exercises between the approaches is not recommended to stand. It is better to walk around the room - this will help maintain pressure at a normal level and prevent the person from blushing.
On a note. In addition to the above, it will be useful to take a habit every day to wash with cool water, the temperature of which does not exceed +20 degrees. This will strengthen the walls of blood vessels prone to redness of the skin.
Thus, the question of why the face turns red during physical exertion, and how to get rid of it, has a simple answer.
- Purulent acne is not worth squeezing. If they are ripe, pus can be pulled out with the help of tincture of calendula or ichthyol ointment.
- An ordinary lemon can help get rid of red acne. Фрукт следует нарезать кружками и наложить на красные точки на 10-15 минут.
- It is easy to solve the problem of skin rashes with tar soap. To do this, it is enough to wash them for one month.
- You can get rid of whiteheads around the eyes with a mixture of viburnum juice and oatmeal in a ratio of 100 g of berries to 5 g of flour.
To make the skin look beautiful and clean, it is not always necessary to surround yourself with experienced dermatologists. Sometimes it’s enough to provide her with proper care.