It is no coincidence that a banana is called the ideal fruit for a variety of dairy-based cocktails with berries, vegetables, herbs and sweet fruits. This unique fruit has a special texture, provides the density and creaminess of any cocktail. And smoothies are no exception. Prepare deliciously healthy and aromatic, sweet and thick smoothie with banana for breakfast or snack - and you will discover new facets of drinks with your favorite tropical fruit.
What are good banana smoothies?
The benefits of a banana smoothie are not limited to the thick, creamy consistency that the main ingredient gives to this drink. Thanks to bananas, smoothies do not lose their usual density, even if cooked in milk or water, without adding other ingredients with dense pulp or thickeners. Thus, you can lower the calorie content of any cocktail. But this is not all the pluses, because a smoothie with a banana:
- act as a universal (and very tasty) source of rapidly digestible carbohydrates,
- bring a feeling of quick hunger quenching, without losing the effect of lightness of the drink,
- help control appetite and reduce weight, are the basis of diet food,
- surprise with a pleasant aroma and sweet taste and without honey or sugar,
- soothing effect on the nervous system, relieve irritation and other manifestations of stress,
- contain the highest amount of vitamin B6, E and F,
- can improve the mineral composition, because a banana contains a lot of not only helping fight traces of stress vitamins, but also a unique supply of minerals (in particular potassium, which is so useful for the heart),
- contribute to improving the condition of hair and skin, strengthen immunity.
One of the key benefits of bananas is their versatility. A banana is equally great:
- for standard dairy and sour-milk smoothies made from several fruits with the addition of your favorite dairy product,
- for a wide variety of simple cocktails based on both fruits, berries, and vegetables on water and juices.
Bananas are equally good with spinach and strawberries, they combine literally with any ingredient and even in multi-component smoothies are not lost against other products.
Best Banana Smoothie Recipes
Despite the fact that a banana is most often considered only as the basis for a thick, nutritious and very useful berry or fruit smoothie, it can become the main star of a thick vitamin neck. We offer the most delicious banana smoothie recipes in a wide variety of combinations: with berries, fruits and even cottage cheese.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 250 ml of milk, ground cinnamon, 10 large strawberries.
- Rinse the strawberries, peel the banana and chop it together with the berries in a blender.
- Pour milk into the mixture slowly and beat until foam appears.
- Add cinnamon to taste and a few ice cubes.
Tropical Banana Smoothie with Mango
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 1/4 large mango, 200 ml of any yogurt, 100 ml of freshly squeezed citrus juice.
- Peel the mango and separate the pulp from the seed.
- Peel the bananas and chop together with the pulp of mango and yogurt in a blender.
- Pour citrus juice into the mixture and smooth until smooth.
Kefir Banana Smoothie
Ingredients: 3 bananas, 250 ml low-fat kefir, honey and cinnamon to taste.
- Peel the bananas and chop the pulp in a blender.
- Add kefir to the banana puree and beat the smoothie for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the drink with honey to taste. Add cinnamon smoothie if desired.
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Ingredients: 1-2 bananas, 200 ml of yogurt or milk, 100 ml of orange or grapefruit juice, 100 g of blueberries.
- Rinse the berries and dry them.
- Peel the bananas and mashed them with blueberries in a blender.
- Pour citrus juice into fruit puree and beat thoroughly.
- Add yogurt or milk and grind again until smooth.
Oatmeal Banana Smoothie
Ingredients: 2 bananas - 1 tbsp. milk, 0.5 tbsp. instant oatmeal, 1 tbsp. yogurt, honey and spices to taste.
- Peel the banana and grind it with oatmeal until smooth in the blender. If in doubt about raw oatmeal, pre-steam it with milk.
- Introduce the rest of the ingredients into the mixture and beat the smoothie at high speed (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add honey and spices to the smoothie to your liking.
Banana Yogurt Smoothie
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 200 ml of unsweetened or fruit yogurt, honey, sugar or maple syrup to taste.
- Cool the yogurt to as low a temperature as possible, but do not freeze it.
- Peel the bananas, cut into small slices and put in a blender with yogurt.
- Beat the smoothie until smooth, sweeten it if desired to get a more intense flavor.
Banana Smoothie with Cherry
Ingredients: 2 large bananas, 200 g ripe cherries, 1 tbsp. cherry juice or nectar, sugar or honey to taste, grated almonds.
- Peel the banana and place in a blender.
- Remove the seeds from the cherry and add the pulp to the bananas.
- Beat mixture until smooth.
- Fill the cocktail with cherry juice and bring to a foam.
- Add a sweet ingredient to the cocktail if you wish.
- Pour the smoothies into the glasses and sprinkle finely grated almonds on top.
Banana Orange Smoothie
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 1 large sweet orange, half grapefruit, ice, zest of one orange.
- Squeeze the juice from the citrus fruits along with the pulp or pour oranges and grapefruit.
- Peel the bananas and chop in a blender with the juice or pulp of orange and grapefruit until smooth.
- Add the zest of orange and ice to the mixture and continue whisking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Cool the smoothies before serving or add a few more ice cubes to it.
Banana Smoothie with Avocado
Ingredients: 2 bananas, half an avocado, a small bunch of spinach, 100 ml of water.
- Remove the avocado pulp from the peel and place in a blender.
- Rinse and chop the spinach.
- Peel the bananas and cut into small circles.
- In a blender, mashed spinach and avocado and smooth until smooth.
- Add the banana pulp to the smoothie.
- Slowly pour chilled water. Bring the smoothie to uniformity and serve with ice cubes.
Banana Smoothie with Apples
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 100 ml of apple juice and 1 large sweet or sweet and sour apple, 400 ml of low-fat yogurt, spices to taste.
- Peel the banana, peel the apple and remove its core.
- Grind the fruits in a blender and add apple juice to the puree. Make the mixture homogeneous.
- Pour the yogurt into the smoothie base and whisk the cocktail again.
- Add your favorite spices, such as vanilla and cinnamon, if you wish.
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Liliya Kandrashevich / Shutterstock.com
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 200 ml of non-fat yogurt, 200 ml of soy, coconut or regular milk, 100 g of dark or your favorite chocolate.
- Peel the bananas, grate the chocolate on the finest possible grater. To decorate the smoothie, leave a small amount of grated chocolate.
- Beat milk and yogurt in a blender, add chocolate chips to them and achieve a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the banana to the finished milk shake and mashed the smoothie again.
- Serve this sweet smoothie chilled, sprinkled with chocolate chips (or a pinch of oatmeal).
Light banana and pear smoothie
Ingredients: 1 banana, 1 large juicy sweet pear, 200 ml of kefir or yogurt, 100 ml of milk, honey and cinnamon to taste.
- Peel and chop the fruit in equal slices, and then chop into a smoothie in a blender.
- Gently inject the milk into the mixture and wait until the foam appears.
- Add the whole kefir to the smoothie, and if desired honey and cinnamon. Beat the cocktail again and serve not too cold.
Banana-based refreshing mint smoothie
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 100 ml of any fruit juice, preferably with a neutral aroma (for example, peach or apple), 1 lemon, a large bunch of mint, ice and water.
- Peel the bananas and cut into small slices.
- Wash the mint, dry and tear off all the leaves. Leave a few for decoration, and cut the rest of the greens as small as possible.
- Squeeze about 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Place the bananas in a blender, pour in the lemon juice and mash.
- Add the mint to the banana puree and continue whisking, gradually pouring fruit juice.
- Bring the smoothie to the desired consistency by adding water with ice.
- Serve the mint and banana smoothie very cold, decorating with sprigs of mint.
Curd Banana Smoothie
Ingredients: for 2 bananas - about 200 g of soft low-fat cottage cheese, 200 ml of cold milk, vanilla to taste.
- Peel and cut the bananas into small pieces.
- Put the cottage cheese in a blender bowl, put a banana on top and start to mash the mixture.
- Pour in a thin stream of milk, bringing the smoothie to the desired density and consistency.
- Continue to whisk the drink until it becomes silky, curd grains disappear.
- If desired, add a little honey or sugar to the drink, emphasize the aroma with vanilla and serve immediately after preparation.
average rating: 4.00, total votes: 3
- Apricot Dishes
- Eggplant Dishes
- Cherry Dishes
- Mushroom Dishes
- Zucchini dishes
- Potato dishes
- Strawberry Dishes
- Chicken Dishes
- Chickpea Dishes
- Vegetable Dishes
- Liver Dishes
- Fish dishes
- Pork dishes
- Cottage cheese dishes
- Pumpkin Dishes
- Minced meat
- Apple Dishes
- Oven Dishes
- Dishes in a slow cooker
How to make a smoothie in a blender with banana and strawberries
Strawberry and banana smoothies with milk - a refreshing and healthy fruit drink that will delight everyone without exception. The combination of banana and strawberry is a classic, and both components perfectly complement milk. It will give the cocktail a pleasant creamy aftertaste. Smoothies will resemble strawberry-banana ice cream to taste. And the drink will be a pleasant soft consistency with many small bubbles. Instead of milk, you can take yogurt, kefir, fermented baked milk or even whey. In the summer, ice cubes can be added to add a refreshing effect. Strawberry and banana smoothies not only perfectly refresh, but also saturate the body with vitamins and minerals. And for those who want to freshen up, I propose to cook an even more delicious kvass from rye malt at home.
Smoothies are a thick drink made from fresh fruits, berries or vegetables. In addition to the main ingredients, milk, kefir, honey, tea, and spices are also added to the drink. Smoothie comes from English. smooth - smooth, uniform. And as the name implies, a drink is prepared in a blender, where all the ingredients are ground to a homogeneous consistency. A drink appeared in California in the 30s of the last century, but only a couple of decades ago won special world popularity.
Smoothies can be prepared both in summer from fresh fruits, berries and vegetables, and in winter from frozen products. Such a smoothie is good not only for breakfast, but also for dinner, or as a snack between main meals. The combination of strawberries and banana with milk does not require any additions, but if you want, you can add any berries or fruits to the drink for a change by season, for example, cherries, raspberries or peaches.
- 300 g of strawberries,
- 1 large banana
- 200 g of cherries
- 500 ml of milk
- some honey to taste
- mint for decoration,
- 10 ice cubes.
How to make a strawberry and banana smoothie, recipe with photo
1. Pour fresh cherries with water for 10 minutes so that all the worms, insects and other garbage come up. Then we wash the berries and sort out, removing damaged ones. We tear off the stalk and remove the bones using a pin, paper clip, or a special device. If the cherry is frozen - just take it out of the freezer and use it without defrosting, if, the berries are already seedless. And if you froze sweet cherries with seeds, then they are easily removed from berries that are hard from frost (if your hands are cold, you can let the berries melt for 5 minutes).
2. Rinse the strawberries, remove the ponytails. Dry the berries with a paper towel. If the strawberries are frozen, just take the right amount out of the freezer and use immediately.
3. Peel the banana and cut into small circles. For a smoothie, it is advisable to take ripe bananas so that the drink acquires a more saturated and vibrant sweetish aroma. If you want to make smoothies more dietary, take green or slightly unripe bananas.
4. All prepared fruits are moved to a blender. Add 10 ice cubes and beat at medium power until a uniform consistency is formed.
Attention! Not all blenders grind ice, and if you are worried about your kitchen assistant, you can add ice cubes to the finished drink.
5. Add a couple of teaspoons of honey to the crushed mass (can be replaced with sugar).
6. Pour milk of any fat content. Beat a couple of minutes until smooth. The drink acquires a more delicate milky taste, becomes soft and airy. We taste and add honey or sugar if necessary.
Strawberry and banana smoothies with milk in a blender is ready! Immediately pour the drink into the glasses and decorate with sprigs of mint. We serve to the table. Enjoy your meal!
How to make a smoothie - the cooking process
Breakfast or light dinner, snack - smoothies come in handy at any time of the day. It is especially good in the summer because it refreshes, satisfies hunger and thirst at the same time.
Smoothies are nothing more than a uniform thick cocktail obtained from fruits, berries, vegetables with the addition of liquid. There are many variations of the drink, due to the endless number of product combinations.
- Prepare the fruits: first wash, peel, remove the inedible parts. Large fruits or vegetables cut into cubes.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl at once, turn on the chopper for 30-40 seconds.
- Pour the resulting mixture into glasses, decorate and serve with a straw.
Everything seems to be simple, but in order to get a really tasty and healthy drink, you must adhere to the following rules:
- The choice of fluid determines the energy value of the smoothie. The most dietary options should be prepared on water, green or herbal tea. Juice based cocktails will have an average calorie content; the most nutritious mixes will be obtained by adding fermented milk products or ice cream.
- Fruits should be taken frozen (at least part) or well chilled. You can hold the raw material for an hour in the freezer before cooking. Therefore, in this case it will not be necessary to add ice. Although its cubes help grind the fruits, they add excessive wateriness to the taste.
- A set of fruits and berries can be absolutely anything. But the part must have a dense pulp, otherwise the smoothie will not work thick. For optimal consistency, it is good to add banana, pear or apple, peach. More juicy fruits (orange, watermelon) should not be taken very much or prepare a drink without liquid.
- A banana is a lifesaver. It is always sweet, so it can make the cocktail taste pleasant and soft even with sour berries. It can also be frozen.
- For vegetable options, you should take juicy cucumbers, and for a dense structure - include avocados in the recipe. Herbs and herbs are also welcome. More commonly used spinach and mint.
- To add sugar or not, everyone decides for himself. But refined sugar increases calorie content and glycemic index, which reduces the benefits of a cocktail. It is better to sweeten the drink with a small amount of honey if it is not allergic. It is favorable to add dried fruits, the sweetest dates among them.
- Vegetarians can use vegetable milk. Especially good with coconut and almond fruits.
- Smoothies are not combined with other dishes; they are always used as a separate meal or not earlier than 2 hours after breakfast or lunch. This is not just a tasty drink, but also healthy, it is rich in vitamins and fiber. And in order to increase the proportion of protein, they add not only yogurt, but also dry protein mixtures for athletes.
If it turned out too much, then just pour it into the molds and send it to the freezer. The result is a delicious ice cream.
Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Recipes
The combination of these two fruits is one of the most successful. Those who have never made smoothies should start with it. Strawberries will provide a bright aroma and a pleasant color; its reserves can be made in the season by freezing. Banana guarantees sweetness and a thick consistency.
Classic Banana Strawberry Smoothie
In the simplest recipe, only three ingredients are provided:
- banana - 1 piece
- strawberries - 1 cup,
- liquid - 100 ml.
If you take water (boiled, filtered, mineral), then there will be few calories. If the berries are fresh, then the liquid should be well chilled.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Milk
To prepare it, you need to take:
- 100 g of strawberries,
- 1 banana
- 1 cup cow or any vegetable milk.
If the berries are not too sweet, then add a teaspoon of honey. For a low-calorie option, cook without it, take skim milk.
How to make strawberry and banana smoothie with ice cream
Pretty high-calorie, but very tasty summer treat. Required Products:
- 80 g of ice cream,
- 70 мл молока,
- половинка банана,
- 100 г свежей клубники.
Due to the use of ice cream, the cocktail will turn out cool anyway, so it’s acceptable to take the remaining components at room temperature. If you want to add vanillin, garnish with a leaf of mint.
The list of components is as follows:
- 200 ml white yogurt,
- 100-120 g of frozen strawberries,
- 1 ripe banana.
Such a cocktail can be drunk instead of breakfast or dinner. In order not to greatly increase its energy value, you should add low-fat yogurt, for example “Activia”. Instead, kefir and even fermented baked milk will do.
How to make Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Oatmeal
Another recipe for a good breakfast in the hot season. Smoothies are good for weight loss due to the high amount of fiber. Its composition:
- 1 glass of berries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of liquid (water, skim milk),
- 3 tbsp Hercules
- 1 tsp honey.
A cocktail can be prepared with fiber, taking it in the same amount as cereal. Before serving, it is better to let the drink brew for 10 minutes.
For a vitamin smoothie you will need:
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 120-150 g of frozen berries,
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey.
For preparation, it is important to choose a very ripe kiwi, otherwise the cocktail will turn out sour. Adjust the amount of honey to taste, leave one slice of kiwi to decorate the glass.
A fresh and unusual green smoothie will appeal to even children. They will not notice that it has spinach because of the bright aroma of strawberries. Drink recipe:
- half a banana
- 100 g of frozen berries,
- 100 g spinach (fresh or frozen),
- 120 ml of yogurt
- 120 ml of mineral water.
To prepare, first chop the spinach with mashed water in a dip blender, then add all the ingredients and grind again. For a more savory taste, add 0.5 tsp. grated ginger.
Apples will suit any color. If they are too sweet, then lemon or lime juice will help to correct the taste, if sour - honey. The basic recipe looks like this:
- 1 apple
- 8 strawberries,
- 0.5 banana
- 3-4 sprigs of mint
- 1 cup apple juice or water.
The list of products for this cocktail looks like this
- 100 g of pineapple pulp,
- 1 ripe banana
- 7-8 pcs. strawberries
- 120 ml multifruit juice or milk.
In smoothies, canned fruits are generally not used, but an exception can be made for pineapple. If you dilute the liquid from the can (syrup) a little with water, then it will come in handy instead of juice.
All citrus fruits are a valuable source of ascorbic acid. To prepare a healthy cocktail you will need:
Orange must be well peeled, otherwise the taste will appear bitterness. If it is juicy, then do not add any liquid. Fans of spicy shades can include thyme or cinnamon in the recipe. It is allowed to cook a cocktail with orange juice instead of fruit. It will need 100 ml.
Smoothies sound unusual to many. In fact, it is simple, tasty and healthy. Strawberries with bananas are a win-win combination, on the basis of which you can come up with an infinite number of cocktail options with other fruits, herbs, milk or juice.