Previously, only criminals and the military had to deal with lie detectors. Today, anyone can test a polygraph. But the detector can be fooled. We will tell you how to do it.
Polygraph is an old invention. The ancient Indians asked the subject neutral and suggestive questions, and he beat the gong on each answer. It was believed that during a false answer, he would hit the gong harder than usual.
In ancient China, a suspect was gaining a handful of rice in his mouth. If he remained dry, then the offender was found guilty - salivation decreases from stress.
The polygraph that is used today is the same gong and the same rice. Only with wiring. He brought to mind and patented his man with the poetic name Keeler. However, there were detectors before him. And the "merit" of their popularization belongs to Cesaro Lombroso.
Before you decide to deceive a polygraph, think - do you need it? Knowingly cheating, especially if you are poorly prepared, can ruin everything. You will behave unnaturally, it will cause suspicions and will be interpreted not in your favor. If you are too nervous, it will be interpreted not in your favor. If you are too impassive, it will also catch you. Therefore, if you are still serious about cheating on the polygraph, get ready in advance. Forget about buttons in boots and other tricks. There are more effective methods. They are not designed to conceal evidence, but to protect the natural right of a person to privacy. There is even a social movement "anti-polygraph." His motto is: “Their right is to try to find out the ins and outs of us, our right is to send them all to hell. This is democracy.”
It’s better to start with the general mood. The calmer you feel, the better. A lie detector test is conducted by trained people. Feel sympathy for them. Let them be your colleagues during the interview.
Get rid in advance of reverence for the polygraph and polygraph examiner, as well as guilt (it will be inspired). The lie detector is just a car. She only registers your condition. Let the polygraph be just a detector for you, without any “lies”.
It is important to understand that the polygraph examiner will try to get you out of your comfort zone. His questions may seem provocative, his chair uncomfortable, his lighting annoying. However, with the proper level of training, you can handle it.
A polygraph is not intelligent. This is a mechanism with preset calibration parameters. It tracks sweating, heart rate, respiration, skin tension, and muscle contractions. Recent models are more sensitive and record more parameters.
During the test, the polygraph examiner will ask questions. They are divided into neutral (which should not cause you an increased reaction), control questions and trap questions.
Important: do not rush to answer. Determine your own pace and stick to it. The “silent answer” is also practiced - you are asked to think about the answer to the question, but not to pronounce it out loud. Rehearse it too. The main thing - do not get fooled by provocations.
The work of a polygraph is often duplicated by external video surveillance. Keep calm. Firmly understand: no one is blaming you, they are working with you. As a rule, the interview is held in a static state - remember it and try not to fidget.
And how to fool a thermometer?
The question is how do you see the rhetorical. A polygraph is a device for simultaneously reading the physiological parameters of human life. It is impossible to deceive the device, or rather it will show everything as it is. But how the polygraph examiner interprets these indicators is the topic of our further presentation. For ease of understanding, we still leave the expression “how to deceive a polygraph” as a thesis in order to avoid complicating the explanation that only the polygraph examiner can be misled.
As we wrote above, in order to trick a lie detector, you need to try a lot. These efforts will bear fruit if you deal with an inexperienced specialist. Moreover, to determine "experience" is quite difficult. For example, there are many active polygraph examiners who come from the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Imagine what the average policeman who just by distribution from the district department was sent to advanced training courses can have knowledge in psychology and physiology. The answer is obvious. But I want to note that the Ministry of Internal Affairs still uses the polygraph in the process of operational-search activity, but in the vast majority, as a tool for pressing. Classical measures are still being applied; in practice, they are mainly of a physical rather than psychological impact. So if, before the test itself, you are crushed by authority and intimidated somehow, this is not a sign of professionalism, but rather a way to increase your sense of fear and guilt. A competent specialist will reveal all the necessary information without pressure and pressure, contrary to any relation of the subject to the test.
Another striking example of the low quality of modern specialists is the fact that today in Moscow there is a real boom of "learning to work with a lie detector." Many commercial establishments simply do business on this, offering to train everyone on the polygraph to work, without a higher education, theoretically, without practice, in a couple of weeks, and plus to that remotely. The quality of graduates is very low.
Another example of unprofessional polygraph examinations is trivial fraud and quackery. There are a number of “specialists” who are interested only in quick money, who, after 2 weeks after unlearning, begin their extensive practice, convincing customers of their expertise. Recognizing such "masters" is easy. Elementary questions about the psychology and psychophysiology of man confuse such citizens.
In this block we described cases when it is quite possible to deceive a polygraph. If you are checked by a real expert, then the chances of circumventing a lie detector are greatly reduced. Let us proceed to a detailed examination of options for how to trick a polygraph in case of testing by an unskilled specialist:
1. The first and most true thing that a lie detector can help you to deceive in the event of your guilt is simply to abandon the testing itself. According to the current legislation, polygraph examinations are carried out strictly with a written consent in writing to undergo a lie detector. Forcing a check is unlawful, and therefore, not having sat down at the table with a polygraph examiner, you can avoid finding out the whole truth that has been imprinted in your memory once and for all (there is no option for special purposeful forgetting of events in a person’s memory). But at the same time, refusing to go through a polygraph can be regarded as an excuse to hide something, or even plead guilty. In addition, if it is necessary to pass a lie detector at the second stage of the interview, evasion of the test is usually an indirect excuse not to continue further cooperation with the refused candidate. We repeat that this is a personal matter for everyone, depending on what is at stake, decide to go through a polygraph or refuse.
2. The second thing most often used by liars who want to trick a polygraph is to take various psychoactive drugs, special pharmaceuticals or everyday ones. We will briefly go through such methods to bypass the lie detector. So, many articles on the Internet describe recommendations for taking sedatives or tonic drugs. Our comment: with unrecognizable polygraph examiners, this can "drive", BUT ... Imagine that you suddenly drink a substance without first testing it and don’t know what effect to expect. Your atypical condition can be determined not only by a polygraph examiner, but also by the authorities and all colleagues. So, without knowing the specific reaction of your body SPECIFICALLY to a DETERMINED preparation, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, NOT KNOWING HOW THESE CHANGES IN THE STATE ARE PROJECTIVELY LOOKING AT THE FIGURES OF THE POLYGRAMS, we strongly do not recommend resorting to this method of tricking the polygraph. So usually 40% of all unsuccessful liars are “scorched”. This is due, inter alia, to the fact that the effect of the drug has its own time limits. An experienced specialist will necessarily send a doubtful calm or peppy person to "sit out" alone in the room. The use of commonly used tools includes the recommendation to drink 10 cups of coffee before testing or to drink alcohol the day before the test. This of course seriously interferes with the unambiguous interpretation of psychophysiological reactions, and will lead the weak polygraph examiner into confusion (there are many of them now), but for a mature specialist who has seen and tried all these methods on himself, any such methods of tricking the polygraph are obvious, and with such subjects the test is simply postponed to another time. Summary: in case the stars converge, a low-skilled specialist will conduct the test, you are familiar with the effect of a particular drug on your body, and you reliably know how the altered state looks on the computer screen of a polygraph examiner, then you can try this method, it is simple but easy to calculate attentive psychologists. Alcohol, coffee and other tonic things greatly change all indicators of psychophysiology, and if during the test, their action suddenly ends, then for the polygraph operator it will be a sign that the subject was under the influence of psychoactive substances. Also think about your health, taken "horse" doses of certain drugs can simply disable the body.
3. The third thing that is most often advised to take in order to trick a lie detector is to bring yourself to exhaustion. Do not sleep for several days, work intensively both mentally and physically. This, according to advisers, will lead to inadequate physiological reactions. And they are right. A person in a borderline state is not subject to polygraph tests at all. If again an illiterate specialist comes across who does not notice your dull and inhibited state, then this is a really effective method to deceive a polygraph. Otherwise, the verification procedure will be postponed, or will happen with very great efforts and energy costs from the polygraphologist.
4. The fourth thing they resort to in order to fool a lie detector is to use a secret mechanical effect on the skin in order to simulate a violent psychophysiological reaction to certain types of questions. We admit that with skillful execution this method works great (tested by us), but still amateurs in this matter can only expose their desire to deceive the polygraph. According to our statistics, this method is used by about 13% of all people who decide to oppose the device. They use buttons in boots, abrasions in intimate places (which is especially exotic for girls), try to bite their tongue or strain the anal sphincter (which people just don’t read on the Internet in order to avoid punishment). Let us reveal the secret that with consistent training, and knowledge of the logic of the investigation, this method is quite useful for confusing almost any polygraph examiner. But without proper training, it is very risky to resort to it if you don’t know how this or that action looks in the polygram interface, don’t know the sequence of constructing verification questions, and most importantly, don’t learn how to perform special actions unnoticed. It is also worth considering that the polygraph uses a tremor sensor that sensitively tracks all current micro-movements, thereby any physical actions performed by an ignorant person will not go unnoticed.
5. Less popular is the following way to trick a polygraph. On the Internet, it is recommended to treat fingers with certain means to minimize perspiration, which supposedly interferes with the skin-galvanic reaction sensor (RAG), to reliably read information about the subject. Once we came across a citizen who risked using some funds (we will not advertise them) in order to prevent the receipt of data through the RAG channel. So, he himself got burns on his fingers and almost ruined the expensive equipment. After that, realizing that the person really has something to hide, we took him out to clean water for several days (with interruptions of sleep, of course) on pure enthusiasm, and “took” all the hidden truth out of him (he turned out to be a pedophile). Our advice is not to resort to this method in order to avoid injuries and damage to the sensors attached to you. Information is really read distorted, but this is just an excuse to transfer the necessary sensors to other parts of the body.
6. The last way that we will describe in this article, how to trick a polygraph, will be the method of psychological self-control. In our opinion, this is the most effective way to mislead a polygraph examiner, as it is used in most existing intelligence agencies in the world. Special services agents undergo special, lasting more than one month, courses devoted to the development of the ability of conscious self-regulation of the body. Of the average citizens, such a skill is best given to yogis, martial artists and other people with in-depth practical knowledge in matters of meditative states. An ordinary person, distracted from the verification process by looking out the window or “sticking” to the wall patterns, will not be able to get the desired effect, because he does not know what the specialist sees on the other side of the screen. We conducted experiments on training special employees in this method using a special technique, when the “experimental” observed their psychophysiological reactions on the monitor online. Subsequently, their attempts to trick a polygraph were, on average, 90% more successful than trying to trick a lie detector by untrained subjects.
If you have a desire to try to pass the polygraph in test mode, without the danger that you will be inevitably responsible for the information identified, contact us by phone and find out about your polygraph capabilities in our company. tel. 8 (495) 774-22-70
In this article, we have touched on only the most popular methods and recommendations on how to trick a lie detector. There is still a mass of methods for changing one's psychophysiological tone, which can be considered effective in successive trainings. Finally, we want to remind you that a competent specialist is well acquainted with all the available ways to deceive a polygraph. And if you think that if you did not try the polygraph test in advance and didn’t see your reactions on the polygrams yourself, you would be able to confuse the expert, then it’s better not to make any attempts to counter it at all, in order to avoid an accelerated and inevitable exposure.
Is it possible to fool a polygraph?
In fact - is it possible? In order to answer this question, it is necessary to understand the principle of the lie detector. So, the polygraph registers the strength of the physiological reactions of the subject. That is, the more important the question, the brighter the reaction to it, and accordingly the sharper the curve on the polygraph tape. For example, if a person is asked the question: “Have you cheated on your wife?”, The one who never cheated will react passively to him, and the one who is guilty will startle in his soul, will be afraid that the secret will be revealed. Even if outwardly nothing is noticeable, physiological reactions will give an unprepared person with his head and the device will have time to fix it.
Does this mean that the polygraph is impossible to deceive? No, it doesn’t. The polygraph can be fooled by special services specially trained in this, pathological liars, sociopaths, mentally unbalanced people and professional actors who can get used to the role, identifying themselves with a completely different character who has a different fate and views. A simple person, without special training, having encountered a polygraph, which is called "nose to nose" is hardly capable of this. But this does not mean that he is not capable at all. There are several ways, having trained in the application of which and having a bit of luck, you can try to trick any even the most modern lie detector.
How to fool a polygraph?
Before we look at ways to cheat a lie detector, let's get acquainted with the testing procedure itself. How is everything going? Initially, a number of questions are discussed with the client that will be asked to him during the procedure. This is done in order not to cause surprise or astonishment in a person with an unexpected question, since the polygraph takes surprise and falsehood for almost the same thing, and accordingly the results will be distorted. Next, the device is tuned for the natural reactions of the individual, by posing unambiguous questions, i.e. questions to which the client will deliberately give a true answer “yes” or “no”. Например: «Сегодня вторник?», «Сейчас осень?» «На улице сейчас идет дождь?» и т.п. Как только прибор настроен, приступают непосредственно к исследованию, в процессе которого задают ранее оговоренный круг вопросов. И здесь начинается самое интересное…
Первый and the most common way to cheat is to drink a little alcohol the day before, then in the morning your reactions will be more blurred and the polygraph will not be able to unequivocally isolate the lies and the truth.
Second way consists in taking medications that lower blood pressure. However, this method is bad because not every person can use it. For example, people with initially low blood pressure are at great risk when taking such drugs. In addition, an accurate calculation of the dose of the drug and its duration is necessary.
Third way - application of cosmetic preparations to the fingertips that reduce the level of reaction, for example, talcum powder or deodorants from sweating feet. One of the most common methods is rubbing salicylic-zinc ointment into pre-steamed skin of the hands, fingertips. Wipe with alcohol.
All of the above methods are not suitable if the study is really serious (for example, in the investigation of crime, terrorism) and first you have to go through a blood or urine test for the presence of psychotropic substances.
Fourth way lies in chronic lack of sleep. This leads to the fact that the body falls into a kind of inhibited state on the verge of sleep and wakefulness.
Similar is another way cheating - starvation. The exhaustion resulting from this will confuse the polygraph. No polygraph will warrant what it is: a reaction to a question or a natural reaction of an exhausted organism.
Sixth way recalls the previous two - severe fatigue. For example, after hard physical work or sports training. However, in this case, the study can simply be postponed.
Seventh method not very suitable for modern polygraphs, but still deserves to be described in this article - physical impact on the body, causing the client to hurt himself, which slows down the body's reactions. The nervous system does not respond to question and answer, but to the expectation of pain, which also disorganizes the computer. There are some nuances in this method. Often the client’s body is hung with motion sensors to exclude the possibility of using such a method as putting a button on a shoe and pressing it with the big toe or biting the tip of the tongue.
Another good one way based on partial deconcentration, i.e. a person thinks about something outsider, reads verses to himself or sings songs, answering questions mechanically, without thinking and sometimes without even realizing their meaning. In order to deceive a polygraph, subjects often resort to this method - they drink water in large quantities for an hour and a half before the test. Accordingly, during the study, they can not think about anything else but about going to the toilet.
Ninth way - subspecies of the eighth - complete deconcentration, relaxation and partial falling into a trance. However, if relaxation turns out to be too strong, the study may reschedule.
The tenth way - getting used to the role. Perhaps one of the most difficult, but effective. Think up your version of what is happening, believe in it sincerely and with all your heart, get used to the situation.
Of course, nothing is impossible, to a certain extent. A little training, good luck and faith in one's own strength - that’s the whole recipe for how to deceive a polygraph.