It is not recommended to squeeze out black dots and gums - you will only aggravate the situation. You can get rid of this type of acne only in a beauty parlor. If you try to squeeze them at home, most likely you will only get redness of the skin.
You can crush only those acne that have a white head with pronounced purulent contents. If you doubt whether the pimple is ripe, it is better to postpone the procedure for a couple of days. It is senseless and dangerous to try to squeeze out immature ones, because persistent scars may form on the skin.
How to crush acne
Before starting the procedure, wash your hands thoroughly with soap, wipe them with alcohol or put on sterile gloves. If an infection gets into an open wound, severe inflammation cannot be avoided. Treat the skin with an alcohol solution - any tincture that you can buy in a pharmacy is also suitable.
If you have very delicate and sensitive skin, soak cotton wool in novocaine and apply to the skin for a couple of minutes. Then take two cotton pads and carefully apply them on the skin around the pimple on both sides. Press lightly. If the contents do not evacuate, increase the pressure.
You need to squeeze out a pimple until all the pus comes out. If you can’t do this, it’s best not to overdo it. Do not be afraid of blood - it is not so scary.
After the procedure, lubricate the wound with iodine. It is irrational to use green - it will be problematic to wash it later, and you hardly want to walk with a green stain. In principle, alcohol or any tincture, such as calendula or echinacea, is suitable for disinfection.
Do not use tonics to disinfect, even if you notice alcohol in them. Its content there is minimal, therefore, efficiency cannot be guaranteed.
Sometimes it is not possible to squeeze out the pimple completely, so the next day you can notice that the pus appeared again. You can try to repeat the procedure already done again. If there is no longer any desire to press, put a cotton swab soaked in alcohol for 10 minutes. In just a couple of days, the inflammation will pass, and the skin will begin to epithelize.
With severe inflammation, it is better to consult a dermatologist or cosmetologist. Specialists will conduct an examination and prescribe funds that will quickly eliminate acne on the face in a short time. If you already have cicatricial changes in the skin, you need to perform resurfacing or a peeling course.
Why acne is not recommended
Dermatologists and cosmetologists unanimously advise against squeezing acne. This is fraught with serious complications. Such as:
- Crimson spots. In most cases, after extrusion, noticeable crimson spots remain on the skin. It is not so easy to get rid of them, but you can mask them with proofreaders, powder or tonal foundation.
- Scars and scars. Squeezing means damage to not only the outer but also the inner layers of the epidermis, as a result of which the regenerative functions of the skin are weakened. If the pus was not completely squeezed out (i.e. the root remained inside), then a scar is likely to appear, which can only be removed with laser correction. And this is a rather expensive procedure.
- Infection. After extrusion, a wound remains on the skin through which pathogenic microorganisms easily penetrate. The infection begins to develop rapidly, affecting the capillaries and vascular walls.
As you can see, the reasons why acne should not be crushed are more than serious. Therefore, it is important to know which rashes can be squeezed out and which cannot.
What acne can squeeze
It all depends on the type of acne. It is forbidden to squeeze out those rashes where the inflammatory process proceeds. These include:
- Pustules. These are small pustules, the cavity of which is completely filled with pus, a hair is usually located in the centers.
- Nodes A serious form of pustules, which is characterized by a larger size and greater density.
- Papules. They represent infected clogged pores in the form of small dense nodules.
- Cysts Painful subcutaneous inflammation of a blue-purple or red color. The squeezed out cystic pimple can even affect the internal organs of a person.
It is allowed to squeeze non-inflammatory acne. It:
- Black dots (otherwise comedones).
- Painless white acne.
These neoplasms appear when the pores are clogged with sebaceous plugs. It is impossible to control the blockage, as the sebaceous glands work very quickly.
It is worth noting that it is possible to crush and inflamed "ripened" acne. However, this should be done very carefully and only if there is no redness and the white contents are clearly visible through the skin.
Squeezing Acne Correctly
It is necessary to squeeze out acne in compliance with all precautions. Otherwise, all those complications that were mentioned above may occur. A step-by-step extrusion procedure looks like this:
- Clean your skin. If the pimple sprang up on your face, then remove all makeup residue. Steam your face over hot steam, so the epidermis softens and it is easier to squeeze the pimple. For a steam bath, it is better to use a decoction of medicinal plants, chamomile or sage are perfect.
- Wash your hands with soap and dry.
- Treat the pimple and the skin around it with a disinfectant or antiseptic solution to reduce the risk of infection. Chlorhexidine, medical alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, alcoholic herbal tincture, cologne, vodka are suitable.
- Using two fingers, gently squeeze the pimple. Squeeze out until all the contents come out of the wound: pus or sacred. When blood appears, it is worth stopping. If there is pain, then the pimple is not fully ripe. In this case, the procedure will have to be postponed.
- If you squeeze a pimple, disinfect the wound. Moisten a cotton pad in medical alcohol and attach to the site of the squeezed acne. Over time, light tingling will gradually decrease.
- Wash your hands.
If the pimple has been completely squeezed out, then a dry crust should form. It must not be torn off, as a scar may form. As a rule, this crust leaves itself for 2-3 days.
Acne Extraction Tools
When squeezing acne, you can use special tools. They have many advantages over manual cleaning:
- Acne Extraction Tools
Acne squeezing tools are widely used by cosmetologists. However, they can be purchased for home use. The main thing is to use this device in accordance with the indications.
This device looks like a stick. At both ends there are various elements for mechanical cleaning of the skin. You can use the following tools yourself:
- A loop. Position the device so that the pimple is located in the center of the loop, and then begin to slightly press. Content should exit.
- Spoon Uno. Position the tool so that there is a pimple or black dot in the center of the hole. Press lightly and slightly shift - pollution will remain on the spoon.
- Vidal needle. Suitable for removing large black spots and acne deep under the skin. Using a needle, carefully pierce the pimple and remove the contents with the other end of the tool (spoon or loop).
Before squeezing, do not forget to clean, steam and disinfect the skin, as well as treat tools with an antiseptic. After the procedure, it is also necessary to process the wounds.
What to do if the pimple is not squeezed out
If the pimple is not squeezed, then it is not ripe. Accelerate the maturation of acne or dissolve pus with the help of pharmacy products. Among the most effective are:
- Birch tar. Apply a little tar on the cotton pad and apply to the pimple for 30 minutes. For convenience, a cotton pad can be sealed with a plaster.
- Vishnevsky ointment. Used similarly.
- Ichthyol ointment. It is necessary to sustain 2 hours.
- Syntomycin ointment. Lubricate acne 3-4 times a day.
- Sulfuric ointment. For the best effect, apply the ointment to the rash and leave it overnight.
- Tea tree oil. Lubricate acne periodically throughout the day.
These funds perfectly “pull” pus. If necessary, the procedure can be carried out for several days in a row until the pimple has matured enough to be squeezed out.
Acne Extraction Skin Care
As mentioned above, when squeezing, the skin is damaged. Even with the correct disinfection, ugly spots may remain. If small wounds remain on the skin, measures must be taken for its quick recovery and healing.
Such drugs as:
- Zinc ointment (apply in a thick layer for 2-3 hours),
- Salicylic acid (disinfects the epidermis)
- Syntomycin ointment (promotes rapid healing of wounds, kills infection),
- Bepanten (restores skin, apply 3 times a day).
Facial skin should be looked after as usual, that is, cleaned, moisturized and nourished. If the traces after extruding acne do not pass for a long time, itch and bother, then seek the advice of a specialist - a cosmetologist or dermatologist.
In the end, I would like to note that if acne does not bother much, then squeezing them is not worth it. All this is fraught with rather serious complications, no matter how harmless this procedure may seem. If you still decide to do this, then do not neglect our instructions, where we described in detail how to squeeze acne correctly.
What causes acne?
Unpleasant rashes on the skin can occur in both adults and children, but most often they occur in adolescents in the puberty period due to a hormonal surge.
In addition, acne and acne can occur for the following reasons:
- poor hygiene, the use of low-quality cosmetics,
- hormonal failure (in women during premenstrual syndrome or hormonal diseases),
- Vitamin B deficiency
- decreased immunity, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- stress, lack of sleep, emotional stress,
- bad habits (alcohol abuse, smoking).
An important role is also played by heredity - a predisposition to this problem, alas, is often passed on from generation to generation.
There are several types of acne:
- comedone is an acne without an inflammatory process that appears as a result of clogging of the duct of the sebaceous gland with sebum and dead epithelial cells. Comedones are closed and open. Open looks like a black dot, most often on the nose and chin, and closed - like a small wen,
- papule (or red pimple) - inflamed comedone from infection. A ripe pimple has a noticeable white dot in the middle, from which pus subsequently emerges,
- pustule - a formation with purulent contents, having a large white head surrounded by inflamed skin. The main reason for the occurrence of such formations is the introduced bacterial infection.
Is it worth it to squeeze out?
Both doctors and cosmetologists unequivocally claim: pimples cannot be squeezed out on their own, since this can provoke the appearance of new formations on the skin.
Indeed, with improper extrusion, purulent masses of eel spread not only on the surface, but also penetrate deep into the epidermis, causing infection. In addition, inept actions can lead to skin injury and, as a result, ugly scars.
However, constantly looking at the hated pimple is simply impossible, I want to squeeze it out as soon as possible!
How to squeeze out?
Of course, it is ideal if you seek the help of a professional cosmetologist who will competently and painlessly relieve you of such a problem. But visiting the salon whenever a rash appears on the face or body is naturally impossible.
You can deal with the problem yourself only if the pimple is already large and fully ripe, that is, it has a white top "Hat". Remember that only single acne and blackheads can be squeezed out. If there are a lot of inflamed formations, they occur regularly and also hurt, they will not be able to cope with the problem on their own: most likely, it is caused by some disease that requires a separate systemic treatment.
If you feel severe pain when pressed, do not squeeze the pimple, it is better to seek the help of a cosmetologist or dermatologist.
- Before squeezing a pimple, get ready: wash with soap (preferably antibacterial), wash your hands thoroughly. Fingers should be perfectly clean, otherwise you can easily bring the infection into the bloodstream.
- To make purulent contents easier to extract, make a steam bath: pour a few tablespoons of dry pharmacy chamomile into a bowl, pour hot water, simmer in a water bath for 7-10 minutes, cool slightly. Bend your face over the bowl for a few minutes, covered with a towel. If the formation is not on the face, soak a clean gauze with a decoction and put on a sore spot for 7-8 minutes.
- Squeeze the pimple only with the fingertips, and not with the nails. If you have a sharp, long manicure, wrap your fingers in gauze or a clean, dry cloth.
- Take a sharp needle, disinfect with alcohol and carefully, holding it parallel to the skin, pierce the white head.
- On both sides, squeeze the skin with the pads of your fingers and squeeze it until all the pus comes out. Once on the surface there is an anemone, remove your fingers.
- Remove pus with a napkin and blot the wound with gauze moistened with cream or Banziron gel (this is a pharmacy drug with antibacterial and wound healing effects).
- After the procedure, let the skin "relax", saturated with oxygen - so the healing process will be faster. After extrusion, many women immediately apply decorative cosmetics on their faces, wanting to make redness less noticeable. However, this cannot be done, since in this way an infection can be brought into the wound, and it will heal more slowly.
For this reason, it is better to carry out the procedure in the evening before bedtime - with proper treatment the next morning, the wound will be almost invisible.
In order not to encounter an unpleasant problem, it is necessary to make every effort to prevent its occurrence:
- follow hygiene: daily cleanse your skin with suitable cosmetics, and once a week use a soft scrub,
- after washing, wipe your face with a decoction of chamomile or a string - these herbs have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects,
- use antibacterial cosmetics to combat acne. A professional cosmetologist will help you pick it up,
- eat right, exclude from the diet too fatty, spicy, sweet, as well as smoked and pickled foods, fast food,
- give up bad habits,
- several times a year take a complex of vitamins and minerals recommended by your doctor,
- try not to touch your face with unwashed hands,
- change linens and towels more often.
Of course, it is better not to touch the neoplasm, especially on the face - any acne disappears on its own over time. But if you still decide on this step, be sure to adhere to the recommendations made.