Today we will consider installing a free antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free 2015 from AVG Technologies to a computer running Windows 7.
And before starting the installation, I would like to talk a little about the antivirus itself, its features, system requirements and other points.
A bit about AVG AntiVirus Free 2015
AVG AntiVirus Free 2015 - This is a free anti-virus software that perfectly protects your home computer from all sorts of threats. Suitable for users who have never had an antivirus on their computer, or who want to switch to free protection.
AVG AntiVirus Free 2015 includes protection from viruses, trojans and other malicious programs, protects mail, and also provides protection from visiting infected sites.
Currently available version of AVG AntiVirus Free 2015, and so far it is the latest to date from the company AVG. This antivirus is available in many languages, including Russian.
You can download it on the official website of the AVG campaign, www.avg.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download
AVG AntiVirus is one of the most reliable antivirus programs, both paid and free, as evidenced by various test results of independent companies that specialize in such tasks (the results can be found on the Internet).
I also want to add that AVG AntiVirus Free 2015 has a fairly simple, intuitive user interface (unlike many competitors), with which you simply can’t get confused, and the installation itself also passes without any difficulties, therefore, for novice users who want to protect your computer from viruses, it will not be difficult to download and install this software.
If someone wants to have more reliable computer protection, then AVG also offers paid security solutions, and, in my opinion, it is quite intrusive, but we will see this when we install this antivirus.
To summarize, this free software is great for home computers on which users do not store particularly important data, since you know that any free antivirus has less functionality than the same paid one, but this does not mean that a free antivirus protects the computer poorly, no of course, it just provides basic protection.
AVG has been on the antivirus software market for quite some time now and has a good position. In our country, AVG AntiVirus Free also has its own audience, although in popularity it is slightly inferior to its competitors.
System Requirements for AVG AntiVirus Free 2015
Here I will list what is really important when installing this antivirus, namely:
- Anti-Virus supports Windows XP, Windows XP Pro 64-bit, Windows Vista both 32 and 64-bit, Windows 7 both 32 and 64-bit, Windows 8 both 32 and 64-bit, Windows 8.1 both 32 and 64-bit versions,
- Minimum free disk space 950 megabytes,
- At least 512 megabytes of RAM
- Internet access, both for installation and for updating anti-virus databases.
I also recommend that before installing, remove the installed antivirus from the computer, if there is one, for example, in Windows 7 it can be done as follows:
Start-> Control Panel-> Programs and Features
To obtain a license, you must use a VPN with an American IP address. For example, you can use the Browsec VPN plugin
- Go to the promotion page.
- Fill out the form and click GET IT NOW.
- In the email you received, click on the link "Install bitdefender".
- Create a new account on the Bitdefender Central web portal by selecting "No BitDefender Account? Create."
Note: A trial subscription cannot be used to extend any other active subscription. The offer is intended only for new users.
- Download and install an antivirus with a free license by selecting Protect your first device. You can also download installation files for the selected device in the menu "My devices> Set protection> Protect this device".
- Before installation, select "Russian" language for the interface.
- After installation, log in to your account using the data of the created account.
Install AVG AntiVirus Free 2015
Go to the above links and click "Free Download", As a result, we will upload a file avg_free_stb_eu_2015_5315.exe
Run the file, and the installation will begin initialization, approximately 3-4 seconds
Then we need to select the program language, by default it is set correctly, i.e. in our case, Russian, click "Further»
We read and agree to the terms of the license agreement, click "I accept»
Then we have to choose the level of protection, since we are going to install the free version, then select "Basic protection"And click"Further»
Next, you will enter the license number, for the free version it will already be installed by default (that is, it is written in the desired field), I just hid my own, click "Further»
Then it will be possible to choose the type of installation, for beginners I recommend choosing "Express installation", Click"Further»
After installation will begin
Upon completion of the installation, you will be offered to participate in the improvement of AVG products, if you want you can check the corresponding box, click "Done»
That's all the program was fully installed, and immediately the update of anti-virus databases began
After the update takes place, you will see that you are protected
After installation, I recommend checking your computer, this can be done by clicking the "Scan»
At the time of writing, we have installed the version 2015.0.5315.
And if we talk about the intrusiveness of developers to try and switch to the paid version, then you can watch it at the bottom of the program, where, as you can see, we are using capital letters to use the maximum wired for 30 days for free, or to immediately purchase a license. Whether you want to decide this or not, you can try a trial version and then purchase a license, or you can simply ignore it and enjoy normal free protection.
After installation, the corresponding shortcuts will appear on the desktop and in the system tray, with which you can open AVG AntiVirus Free 2015 for management.
On this I propose to end, as you see, there is nothing complicated in installing AVG AntiVirus Free 2015, but it is up to you to install and use this antivirus only. Good luck
Terms of Offer
- The offer is valid if you install Bitdefender antivirus using a new account.
- A 6-month trial version is provided to protect any 5 devices on the Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android platforms.
- The license is intended only for home (personal) use.
- The license starts from the moment of registration.
- You get free updates during the license term.
- There is no free technical support.
|Developer:||AVG Technologies (Czech Republic)|
|License:||Trial 30 days|
|Version:||19.6.3098 Final / 19.7.3099 Beta|
|Systems:||Windows / MacOS / Android|
|The size:||363 MB|
New in version 19.7.3099 Beta (18.07.2019)
- Two settings are returned: Internet Sharing mode and Enable automatic port scan detection. Both options are available in the firewall settings.
- Added the ability to schedule and delete a quick scan job
- New Web Security Option - Enable QUIC / HTTP3 Scan
- Fixed the problem with scanning individual files using the context menu. A popup alert was shown only for the first check, but not for subsequent
- Fixed memory leak in aswStm.sys driver
New in version 19.4.3089 Final (10.04.2019)
- SafeZone users upgrade to new AVG Secure Browser
- Fixed: AvLaunch no longer shows up at startup twice
- Fixed: HTTPS scanning supports work with new versions of Firefox
- Fixed: when a vulnerability is detected using the Wi-Fi networks inspector, a link to a specific support page is provided
New in version 2019
New in AVG Internet Security 2019
Reasonably priced premium protection
Everything you expect from an online security product is now available at the price of basic antivirus protection. Our program updates automatically to protect you from the latest threats.
New “Protect Confidential Data” Feature
Search for documents containing confidential information about you and block access to them by unreliable applications.
New Do Not Disturb
Blocking distracting notifications during the game, watching movies and giving presentations in full screen mode.
Key features of AVG AntiVirus FREE
- AVG antivirus protects your computer in real time from viruses, worms, rootkits, trojans and other malware.
- scans and removes a threat from an infected computer
- protects personal data on the computer from theft
- will analyze the PC for problems related to registry errors, fragmentation, unnecessary files and broken shortcuts.
- continuous updating of the anti-virus database via the Internet
- provides optimal computer performance
To download AVG AntiVirus FREE for free, go to the official free.avg.com developer website.
After downloading, run the installation file. Next, click “Continue."
In the next window, check the box “Basic protection”, then “Install”.
If you have Windows 10, then it will ask for confirmation to make changes to the computer (click “Yes”). The installation of the antivirus will start, which will take a little time. It will be notified of its completion, click "Finish."
Configuring AVG AntiVirus FREE
Actually, there are no such settings in AVG antivirus. After installation, it immediately defends your computer and automatically updates.
Disable protection. If necessary, each protection point can be disabled (computer, web, personal data, e-mail).
Scanning. To scan the entire computer for threats, you need to click “Scan”.
If you click on the button in the form of a gear near the “Scan” item, then the scanning options will open: scheduled scans, scan the entire computer, scan individual files and folders, scan Anti-Rootkit.
Improve your productivity. If you select this item, PC Analyzer will analyze the computer for uncritical errors. Once you can fix them for free, and for the next you have to pay extra.
Restore data from quarantine
After scanning the computer for threats, all infected files found are moved to quarantine. It is rare, but it also happens that files are quarantined, on which the correct operation of some programs depends. And if you notice that after scanning the computer or any applications began to work unstable, then it is worth going to quarantine and restoring data or a specific file that you suspect.
To go to quarantine, you need to open the “Settings” section, then “Virus repository”.
How to remove AVG AntiVirus FREE
If AVG antivirus did not suit you or decided to switch to another, it can be removed in several ways. I described one of them in the article How to remove an unnecessary program. Another way is most preferable and better - using a professional tool to remove various software Revo Uninstaller.
Addition: There is a special utility AVG Remover for the complete removal of the antivirus from the Windows operating system. It is also developed by AVG.
To download it from the official site, follow this link. Uninstallation tools are presented in two versions: for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the OS.
After selecting and downloading the file, in the window that opens, click on the “Yes” button.
Next, the uninstall process will begin, after which the computer will automatically restart. All important files should be saved in advance.
Share the post "Installing AVG AntiVirus FREE Antivirus"