Various variations of the typical Ecuadorian Ceviche fish dish are very popular foods among Ecuadorians. Ceviche from Ecuador is different from Peruvian, but the main ingredients for the preparation are the same: fish, lemon juice, onion, pepper. The main difference is that Ecuadorians add shrimp and various sauces to this dish, due to which the consistency of ceviche turns out to be soup-like. Ecuadorian traditional ceviche is served with fried corn kernels and banana chips, but potatoes, as in Peru, are not added.
One of the advantages of the “shrimp ceviche” dish is that shrimps are already boiled for it, which is especially important for those who cannot eat raw seafood. In addition, this recipe is very easy to prepare.
1. 800 g of boiled and peeled shrimp.
2. 2 onion heads, better than red, sliced into very thin half rings.
3. 4 tomatoes, sliced.
4. Juice 15-20 limes.
5. The juice of one orange.
6. A bunch of finely chopped cilantro.
7. Half a glass of tomato juice.
8. Salt and olive oil to taste.
1. Grate chopped onion with salt and rinse with cold water to leave bitterness from it.
2. Mix all the ingredients and put in the refrigerator for two hours.
3. Serve with chili peppers, corn and fried bananas.
Practical, tasty and suitable for any occasion, the dish is ready!
To cook the Ecuadorian Ceviche (Ecuadorean Seviche) is necessary.
In Ecuador, ceviche is served with potato chips, popcorn, sweet potatoes or corn kernels from young (no longer than 3 cm.) Ears of corn as bread. Ecuadorians squeeze the juice necessarily from three types of citruses and add vinegar to their ceviche.
Cut the fish into small pieces. Squeeze juice from lime, lemons and oranges (juice should be at least 2 glasses). Pieces of fish to put in a bowl, pour the resulting juice, salt and pepper, add vinegar. Put in the refrigerator for 6 hours. Grind hot pepper. Cut the onions into very thin rings, pour over boiling water and dry. Sprinkle the pickled fish with onions and hot pepper and leave overnight.
average mark: 4.00
An open community dedicated to culinary creativity. In the community will be laid out recipes, long posts with photo recipes of dishes, video recipes, flavor combinations of products. Work and advice from chefs. Articles about products, dishes and their origin. Culinary techniques for everyday life. From complex to simple.
1) It is forbidden to leave messages that are advertising (to any extent) in nature and not related to the brand,
2) It is forbidden to post messages about the sale and resale of any goods and services, post links to Internet resources and / or files containing advertising information that is not related to the brand,
3) It is forbidden to create topics and messages that provoke users to violate these Rules,
4) It is forbidden to directly or indirectly insult community members and the administration.
5) It is forbidden to upload photo / video materials for cooking dishes from third-party resources. To eliminate plagiarism at the end of the post we attach a photo with the finished dish and on the leaflet your account name with a note for the Culinary Workshop or KM. Posts ignoring this rule will be transferred to the general feed.
6) The video post without a detailed text recipe will be moved to the general feed.
7) To make suggestions, criticisms and other issues, write with a note of the community administration.
Step by step recipe with photo
Shrimp ceviche is a wonderful bright and delicious seafood dish that began its culinary history in Peru. Traditionally, fish or seafood is pickled in lime juice, but this is if they are fresh or fresh-frozen. Since in our region they often sell only frozen shrimp, you can pickle them in lemon or orange juice. Pickled seafood is served with vegetable or fruit salsa seasoned with olive oil and vinegar: basil, raspberry, apple, etc.
Shrimp ceviche can be served for dinner with a glass of sparkling white wine, perfect for a romantic tete-a-tete.
Prepare the necessary products. You can defrost shrimp, or you may not bother with it.
Boil water in a saucepan and place shrimp in it, add salt, bring to a boil and turn off the heat, leaving the seafood to cool in the water for 5 minutes.
This applies only to boiled shrimp, as we no longer need to cook them, but just warm them up. Boil freshly frozen shrimp for 3-5 minutes.
Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon and an orange.
Pour it into a deep bowl or other container.
Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and clear the shell, and be sure to remove the intestinal vein - it runs along the entire length of the tail!
Put peeled warm shrimp in citrus juice and leave them there for 25 minutes. During cooling, they draw the juice into themselves.
At this time, peel the onion, Bulgarian pepper - from seeds, washing vegetables in water. Peel the remaining half of the orange and fillet. Dice all of these ingredients.
Season the salsa with olive oil, vinegar, and mince with chopped herbs. Put on a serving plate.
Add pickled seafood to the plate.
Garnish to taste and serve shrimp ceviche to the table.