The key to passing the exams well is sleep, as it improves reproductive memory and concentration. Sleep is also necessary for memorization, so if you are planning to sit over textbooks all night, you are unlikely to remember much. To achieve better results, you should set aside about 8 hours of sleep before an important exam, but no less than 6. But what if you can't fall asleep? To ensure that you have a rest night before the exam, make sure that you are learning and eating the right foods and drinks. If your feverish thoughts still keep you awake, try meditation or relaxation techniques to help yourself cope with excitement and fall asleep.
For a fresh head
The corporation over textbooks takes no less effort than physical labor, so it is important to learn how to spend your energy economically. First of all, you need to get enough sleep. For a good rest, a person needs at least 8 hours a day. However, it is not so much the duration of sleep that matters, but its quality.
The most rewarding dream is before midnight. That is why “larks,” that is, people who go to bed early, need less time to relax than “owls,” who like to stay up late. Try to go to bed no later than 22.30, and wake up at 6.00. You will be surprised how long the day will seem and how much you can do in time. This mode may seem barracks, but for the sake of passing the exams, you can temporarily sacrifice your habits.
Avoid high pillows. On them, the head is in an unnatural position, which complicates the processes of blood circulation. On a low, almost flat pillow, the body will quickly and efficiently restore its strength.
Do not forget about the obligatory evening shower. Warm water will help to relax before bedtime, relieve fatigue and stress. Ventilate the room before going to bed. A very useful habit, not only during the session, but at any other time is to sleep with the window open, then the air in the room will be fresh.
Never eat too much at night or drink coffee and strong tea before bedtime. Better brew mint or chamomile (they are sold in the pharmacy in the form of tea bags), add a little honey. Such a drink will have a calming effect.
Enjoy your meal!
No special diet is required during the session. Eat everything you’re used to, not forgetting a few simple recommendations.
First, a hard-working brain needs proteins and vitamins. Therefore, in between reading the abstract, lean on meat, fish, eggs and cottage cheese. Temporarily exclude “heavy” foods from your diet. Replace them with vegetable salads, especially cabbage and pepper. Instead of spicy seasonings and fatty mayonnaise, use a dressing of vegetable oil and lemon juice - it is no less tasty. And do not forget to enjoy fruit. Fortunately, during the spring-summer exams there is no shortage of them.
Secondly, eat regularly. If you skip lunch time due to a too complicated paragraph in the textbook, you run the risk of getting hungry and then eating more than usual. Overeating will result not only in heaviness in the stomach, but also drowsiness. Will it be possible to learn anything in this state? So eat a little, but at the same time.
Healthy sleep and a balanced diet are important not only in preparation for exams. But many students forget about it, going to bed deeply after midnight and having a bite than they have to. However, having slightly changed your usual way of life, you will feel a surge of strength and will easily cope with any tasks.
Psychologists have their own methods of overcoming the fear of exams and staying calm during preparation. The psychologist of one of the Izhevsk lyceums spoke about such methods.
2. Parents should support their child in everything. In difficult times for preparing for exams, they can encourage the student with phrases like "You can do it," "You can." You can not resort to offers with a negative connotation, such as, "Stop being distracted." Or to sentences in which the parent demands something from the child - "Do not let us down," "You must understand that a lot depends on this exam." Do not forget that the exam is so much stress for the student, you do not need to develop it even more.
3. No antidepressants! Some children and their parents resort to medications or antidepressants. This is not worth doing. You can find much better replacements for these drugs - whether it's your favorite sweet or an evening run. From the repetition of the material should be briefly distracted. Thus, it will be easier for the body to absorb the main points of the exam material and prepare the kidney for a new one.
Former Alumni Tips
Pupils have passed the exam for many years. And former graduates still remember those exciting days before exams, as well as how they fought with their nerves.
4. Spend time outdoors. “Nature helped me,” says a fifth year graduate of Izhevsk University. - I was lucky, the weather was wonderful before the exams. I liked to feel like a “Turgenev girl”, the heroine of a 19th-century novel. I put myself in order, took notebooks and textbooks, a blanket and walked into the fresh air. This helped to calm down, and the material was remembered much easier. "
5. Dress in comfortable clothing. “I had a special sign, but not during the preparation for the exams, but already during the passing,” said the former student. “My method will seem strange, especially for a guy, but I followed him impeccably.” This is the same outfit for all exams. Initially, I chose very comfortable clothes, although we were told about a suit, shirt, tie, but in the May-June heat, I did not want to think during the exam about how someone is resting well while I am suffocating in my outfit. So I chose pretty classic shorts (with large pockets, which is important) and a light shirt. And I hid cheat sheets in my pockets, which I never used. ”
6. Vitamins and healthy sleep will help. “I was very worried during the exams, healthy sleep and vitamins helped me cope with stress,” a recent graduate of one of Izhevsk schools shares. - I abandoned sleepless nights, coffee and energy, mastered the technique of deep breathing and fell asleep every day with the window open. Every day I drank a balanced vitamin complex and ate a lot of vegetables and fruits.
How current graduates tune for exams
7. Allocate time. “I studied very diligently all my life, I was not an excellent student, but I remained a solid“ good girl, ”said one of the 11th graders of the Izhevsk school. - Therefore, I approached the process of preparing for exams responsibly. I found an interesting technique called "tomato." The technique is based on the correct distribution of time. First, I choose the subject I wanted to prepare for. Then I start the timer for 25 minutes, and I’m doing exactly that time. Then I have a 5-minute break. And then another 3 such "tomatoes" for 25 minutes with a 5-minute break. After the fourth “tomato” I take a long break of 20-30 minutes. And this way really helps me. ”
8. Give up movies and social networks. “I'm nervous that I'm constantly distracted by extraneous things,” says a graduate of one of the schools. - Therefore, for myself, I decided for the time of exams to abandon social networks, TV shows, films and other addictive entertainment. Now, if I want to distract myself from my studies for a short time, I go out for 15 minutes to run to the stadium. And the head immediately becomes clear. ”
Alumni Parent Tips
A lot depends on the parents, who can create a special atmosphere for the child during the preparation for the exam.
Alumni Parent Tips
9. Do not unnerve the child. “We try to help our son in everything,” says the mother of one graduate. - We understand how difficult it is for him now and we don’t want to annoy the child even more. Therefore, we decided - let it be as he wants. If the son asks us for help, then we help him as much as we can. But if we see that it’s not worth pestering him with his advice and questions, then we simply don’t approach him. ”
10. Follow the daily routine. “I was afraid that my daughter would start to memorize,” says the mother of the 11th grader. - Therefore, I decided to take our daily routine into our own hands. I began to monitor how she eats, gets enough sleep, so that she has free time for walks and rest. And if at first the daughter was very nervous, then now her time is correctly distributed and ordered, which helps her to remain calm. ”